Generational friction is inevitable. Each generation is coming faster and faster and every generation to date has had the same basic needs. What gets in the way of transition from one generation to the next is you! Your ability to absorb and adapt to change. Your ability and willingness to understand and work with the next generation. The generation who does not value all that you value. The generation who has new ideas and advanced ways. The generation who refuses to do it the way it has been done; your way. The generation who will drive you/us to the next phase of growth.
The approach you take with each generation determines the results you get. Do you know what approach you are taking? Do you care? You should care very much. The sustainability of your team, group, business, organization and community depends on your approach. Is your culture and your leadership open to accepting to the diversity of the current generations? Are you?
You can work with the current generation(s) or you can watch them go work with someone else. What is stopping 'you' from accepting them?
Upon completion of this workshop you will:
- possess a greater understanding of the four generations in our workforce
- access their personal perspectives of the generation that follows them
- gain clarity on the 12 sticking points of every generation
- identify how their leadership is impacting the next generation and their culture
- be introduced to Generation Z. Oh no, not another generation!
- design key, implementable actions to create a culture open to and inclusive of all voices, all ways of thinking, all ways of doing and all ways of being.
Our workshop will be led by Krista Morrissey of CHOICES Coaching & Consulting